Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Food Blog

I keep having this urge to update my blog, but keep having writer's block, not on how to write, but on what to write. Sometimes I have 10 topics in mind, but then after repeating them several times in my mind, I dismiss all of them and my blog never gets updated. So I came up with a solution. I am going to write about my favorite thing in the world - Food. I am going to make this into a food blog that will have recipes, criticism and all info that is food. I love cooking and eating out. When given a choice, I always go for the cooking shows on TV. So here it goes.....

Last weekend we went to this restaurant named SOHO/TUSCANA situated in a very popular area of Pune. Here is a gist of our experience -
SOHO(North Indian cuisine) and TUSCANA(Italian Cuisine) are 2 restaurants in the same place and you can order from either of them.
Ambience - Was Okay. What I loved is, it is a huge place with lots of distance between the tables which gave us lots of space to park our stroller and when my little one cried there was even space for us to push the stroller around the table. It was supposed to be a high end restaurant, although I would have preffered nicer chairs and plates.
Order - We ordered Vegetable Kebabs(starter), Vegetable Kadai, Garlic Naan and from Tuscana we ordered Putanesca sauce in spaghetti.
Taste - Everything came with a boat load of butter, so naturally it was tasty. The kebabs were very dry and I would not order them again. The vegetable kadai was really good. It didnot have the usual tomato sauce(I am tired of this), which was a welcoming change. It did have a variety of vegetables. The naans were dipped in butter, other than that, they had lots of garlic and it was a good combination of soft and crispy. It was not burnt like naans in most of the other places. Coming to the pasta, I had great doubt in the standards of an italian dish in India. But I was proven wrong. The spaghetti was cooked right and the sauce was delicious. I knew Putanesca sauce meant lot of olives and since I am not a big fan of olives, I ordered it with hesitation. But it was great. It had just the right amount of olives and herbs. The best part was that there was a lot of sauce for the spaghetti. I hate it when the sauce is too less for the pasta. I like it when there is extra sauce for every mouth. Even my 5 year old, who is a very very picky eater loved this meal.
I would have enjoyed it if it had a little less butter and a little more in quantity.

To sum up, It was a great restaurant and I wouldn't mind frequenting it.

No comments: