Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am not vanilla.....

...That's what Rachel from FRIENDS said when she was described as being very common/usual/nothing different. Ever since I saw this episode, I have been thinking if I am also a "vanilla", meaning there is nothing interesting about me? There is nothing wrong in being one, it's just makes you feel better if there are distinctive qualities that make you stand out. So here is the list of "not so vanilla" things about me -

1. I hate coffee. Tasting even a single sip of coffee makes me feel nauseous for hours.
2. While the rest of the world counts calories and tries to lose weight, I have been trying hard to put on weight ever since I can remember. I have always been on the too thin side and had to wear selective dresses and hairstyles that makes me look plumpier(is this even a word? who cares. you know what I mean.) I proudly tell everybody that I put on 40 pounds during my pregnancy and even today am probably the only one who is scared to go the gym for fear of losing weight.
3. Hate makeup. Makes me feel fake. May be a little lipstick, that too only because my lips are very dark.
4. Doesnot care about my career very much. I love to work and earn, but would give it up in a heart beat if it means compromising even the smallest of things for my husband and daughter. Have done it before. This might not seem to be a big thing for others, but the fact is that I am really good at the work I do, if I can say so myself. I have been working in my current job for only a year now and am already the most important person in my team. I got a bonus on the first 3 months of working here(you are eligible for a bonus only after completing one year) and the work is hard core script writing, sql querying, sometimes worse than a developer kind of work. But as I said before, would give it all up without second thought if it comes even slightly in my way of my duties as a mom or wife.
5. Am scared of cats. Love dogs, but scared of cats.
6. I am comfortable only at 90 degree temperatures. Anything less than 80 is cold for me. and a couple of days back the high was 5 degrees in Fahrenheit!
7. Don't like sweets that much. ofcourse chocolates and icecream is fine, but don't like most of the Indian sweets, pies, cookies.
8. cannot absolutely eat cereal at all. I would rather faint with hunger than eat cereal. Nope not for me.
9. I am a very good cook. I mean really really good. I do sometimes make flop recipes, but 90% of my cooking will be unbelievably tasty. Guess I got that one from my mom...:)

Now all you busy, lazy, touring and wondering bloggers, haven't seen an update from you guys in a long time. Here is you next topic.....your "not so vanilla" list.......

and a Happy new Year To All!

3 comments:

busyblogger said...

What can i say i am the exact opposite of pretty much all the 9 you have listed there !!!

Lazy Blogger said...

hey, nice to see your blog posts. i know i havent been blogging for a long time. your not-so-vanilla list has inspired me. check my blog out!

busyblogger said...

I havent forgotten..i am still thinking abt my i am not so vanilla list - havent come up with even 1 point. so now working on my 'I am soo vanilla' list :)