Saturday, December 6, 2008

What should I write about?

I am trying to think of a topic to blog about. I have like a million topics in mind, but none that interest me enough to write of. I am at work and nothing much is going on today, which is good because it means no issues. I feel bored but convince myself that every minute I sit here is money. Somedays are so crazy that I forget to have lunch until late in the afternoon my tummy hurts and then it strikes me that I haven't had anything from morning other than a cup of chocolate milk! Then I rush to the nearest restaurant, which is a very high end Italian restaurant, which translates to big cheques. But I don't have time to go anywhere else. So I get food from there and eat it with a lot of guilt(one, it is pricey and two, lots and lots of cheese). Even this meal gets interrupted by 10 phone calls and 15 IM's(yeah we have Internal messenger in office). After about a million more issues and a zillion more emails, When I finally reach home and sit in my sofa, that is when I realize how tired I am. I don't even have energy to lift a finger. Again masking the guilt I have with the "making money" matter, I end up asking my hubby to feed my kid(and me!) and go to bed only to be sound asleep in 10 secs. This is how most of my work days are. But some of them, like today, are very slow. I keep checking the time atleast every 10 mins and calculating how much more time till I go home. Thinking what to do for dinner? Should we watch a movie after dinner? etc...etc.... Slightly changing lanes here.....Sometimes, I think I am taking way too advantage of the fact that I am working. Although I portray that men and women are equal in everything, deep down, when it comes to earning for the family, for loss of better words, I think that I think men are supposed to be the bread winners and women working is the extra mile. So when I come back from work, for some reason, I expect my husband to be extra kind to me, forgetting that he has also worked that day and is as/more tired than me. On the contrary, during the days that my hubby works and I don't, I feel like it is my duty to make sure there is a very delicious 3 course dinner waiting for him when he comes home along with all the dishes washed and Kitchen cleaned. Why is this this way? I think the true meaning of "men and women are equal" is not only that when men can go to work, women can also go to work(any work) and men and women have to do equal work at home also. It could also mean that the work men do at office and the work women do at home should be considered equal, to be more specific, just because the office work pays money and house work does not, doesn't mean one is better than the other. If you think about it one cannot function without the other. This concept is mostly stressed to men so they don't take us, women, for granted. But I believe that this should be equally understood AND followed by women to prevent knowingly or unknowingly taking advantage of husbands just because they are working.

Hey, look...I started this blog with nothing in mind, but I did end up blabbing for 50 lines!

2 comments:

busyblogger said...

Well my concept of women working is more then winning bread. I think a career path, financial independance and time away from household work alone is essential for women as much as for men.
This does not mean one is more important than other but most definitely both are essential for a woman i think !
Then comes sharing of work. Luckily the modern generation is happy to share the load which means keeping the house tidy, cooking and looking after the kid is shared no matter who earns more :)
Thats just my view

busyblogger said...

ok i read this post few days ago, had think so much, re read before i post a comment